FAKS Investigative Services, a Ghanaian research and background investigations company has completed the survey on the performance of Ministers, Deputy Ministers, Regional Ministers, Members of Parliament and the Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) for the year 2016.
The survey took place between the months of October and December, 2016. FAKS used these three months period to seek opinion from Ghanaians as to which of the people listed above did exceptionally well and need to be recognized.
The 2016 survey was the 5th Edition since FAKS started assessing the performance of Ministers, Deputies, Regional Ministers, and MPs.
In 2015, FAKS team started considering the performance of CEOs of the State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) in the country.
We considered projects execution at the various Ministries, Regional sectors and works by MPs at various committee levels and the flour of the house, as well as responses to public issues and Government activities.
In all, FAKS recorded 3,869 respondents across the country. This represents an increase of 3.97% of 3,721 respondents recorded in 2015; despite 2016 was an election year.
FAKS had feedbacks from social media, face-to-face interview, and compilation of forms from the respondents.
The respondents interviewed were students, petty traders, journalists, CSOs, traditional rulers, academia, business owners, commercial drivers and among others.
About 65% of respondents were between the ages of 18 years and 45 years while the remaining 35% were between the ages of 46 years and 57 years.
FAKS ranks 1st Position between 85% and 100%; 2nd Position between 75% and 84.99%; and 3rd Position between 65% and 74.99%.
1st Hon. Alhaji Collins Dauda, Minister for Local Government and Rural Development. He pulled 93.3%.
2nd Hon. Haruna Iddrisu, Minister for Employment and Labour Relations. He pulled 83.9%.
3rd Mr. Alex Segbefia, Minister for Health. He pulled 73.9% and Hon. Nii Lante Vanderpuye. He pulled 73.7%.
BEST DEPUTY MINISTERS
1st Mr. John Abdulai Jinapor, Deputy Minister for Power. He pulled 95.7%.
2nd Mrs. Joyce Bawa Mogtari, Deputy Minister for Transportation. She polled 84.9%.
3rd Mrs. Mona Quartey, Deputy Minister for Finance. She pulled 73.9%.
BEST REGIONAL MINISTERS
1st Hon. Kweku Ricketts Hagan, Central Regional Minister. He pulled 92.9%
2nd Ms. Mavis Ama Frimpong, Eastern Regional Minister. She pulled 82.5%.
3rd Mr. John Alexander Ackon, Ashanti Regional Minister. He pulled 73.6%.
BEST MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT
Overall Best MP: Hon. Dr. Mark Assibey Yeboah. He pulled 96.1%.
Best Majority MP: Hon. Alban Bagbin. He pulled 92.4%.
Best Minority MP: Hon. Dominic Nitiwul. He pulled 94.4%.
Best Female MP: Hon. Adwoa Safo. She pulled 96.2%.
BEST CEOs OF STATE OWNED ENTERPRISES
1st Best CEO/MD/DG: Mr. Richard Anamoo, Director General of Ghana Port and Harbor Authority (GPHA). He pulled 93.2%.
2nd Best CEO/MD/DG: Dr. Akwasi Osei, Chief Executive Officer of the Mental Health Authority. He pulled 83.3%.
3rd Best CEO/MD/DG: Dr. Angela El-Adas, Director-General, Ghana AIDS Commission. She pulled 73.5%.
Our sincere thanks go to all our partners and volunteers who helped us to produce these results successfully. We really appreciate their feedbacks and contribution to this project. God richly bless them all.
Mr. Fred Yaw Sarpong
CEO, FAKS Investigative Services