Skip to main content

TOR workers commit 20% salary into operation

                                             Kwame Awuah-Darko


By; Fred Yaw Sarpong- Daily Express

The workers of Tema Oil Refinery (TOR) have agreed to commits 20% of their November salaries into the operation of the company, the Daily Express can report.

The management of the company led by the Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Awuah-Darko had discussions with the workers with the aimed of finding solutions to revamp the company.

A close sources at TOR explained to Daily Express that initially management decided to spread the 20% for a maximum of four months (5% per a month), however, the workers proposed 20% to be taken from their November salaries.

The workers who numbered about 600 expected to contribute about GHc3.8 million into the operation of TOR.

The agreement the management signed with the workers is that when the plant comes back into full operation and making profit, they will pay them back their monies.

Mr. Awuah-Darko who doubles as Managing Director for BOST recently stated that his objective is to bring back TOR from its current difficulties.
“We have three and a half months left to go, and it is hard work. But I am so encouraged by the support we have got from the workers of TOR,” said Mr. Awauh-Darko.

“I can guarantee you that in the next four months TOR and BOST will be producing the highest quality petroleum products at a lowest price than anybody can import into the country. We believe that this will give our supply agreement with Mali and Burkina Faso high competitive pricing to enable us guarantee additional throughput from the Bolga facility.”

Currently, Ghanaians are paying an additional 1 pesewa per litre as TOR debt recovery levy. “If TOR had been well run we would not have to pay the 1 pesewa per litre,” he noted, adding that as a result of that challenges facing TOR, Ghanaians are paying more for fuel than we actually should.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deputy AG sues Facebooker over 'malicious' Ameri deal

The Deputy Attorney-General and Member of Parliament for Bolgatanga East, Mr Dominic Ayine has filed a defamation suit at an Accra High Court against a Facebook commentator, Evron Hughes.
In Mr Ayine’s statement of claim, sighted by Graphic Online, he accused Mr Hughes of defaming him in a post he authored and published on Facebook on December 21, 2015, titled “RE: AMERI TRANSACTION”.
According to the Deputy A-G, the “false and malicious” post has provoked “public disaffection” against him and exposed him to public ridicule and contempt.
Describing Mr Hughes as a “self-styled social media blogger and a social commentator”, Mr Ayine said the Facebook post had brought his hard-won reputation “as a respected politician, teacher and lawyer” into “hatred, ridicule, odium, discredit, contempt, opprobrium and reproach”.
The Deputy A-G said the “defamatory words” were authored with the sole intent to reduce him in the estimation of all right thinking Ghanaians, adding that he had received numerou…

PIAC told to go to court to enforce recommendations

By: Fred Yaw Sarpong
sarpong007@gmail.com

The Public Interest and Accountability Committee (PIAC), the mandated body to monitor the use of Ghana’s oil revenues has been asked to go to court to seek strict compliance of the laws covering accountability of oil funds in the country.

According to Dr. Steve Manteaw, the Campaign Coordinator for ISODEC and a member of the PIAC , it’s time for PIAC as a body to consider going to court to compel institutions responsible for managing Ghana’s oil revenue to answers some questions concerning the expenditure of oil funds.

He pointed out that there are several recommendations made by the PIAC in its past reports on management of petroleum revenues, and a lot of these recommendations has received no positive response from the institutions concerned.

He disclosed this to the Daily Express at a three-day workshop on Interrogating the 2016 Semi Annual PIAC Report at Koforidua in the Eastern Region.

The workshop was organized by the Institute of Financ…

BoG shuts down two financial institutions

The Bank of Ghana has closed down two financial institutions in the country. This was after the central bank investigation revealed that the two companies were operating without approval.

The two companies were Agro Development Fund Services Limited (ADFSL) and Hebron Financial Investment Limited (HFIL).

The Daily Express gathered that the ADFSL was asked to stop operating after the central bank realized the institution had not been licensed to take deposit from the public.

A statement from BoG said the ADFSL continued to operate despite the orders from the Bank of Ghana. It however closed down ADFSL’s operation until further notice.

The Bank of Ghana said that the ADFSL is located at Asufufu, opposite the Sunyani Traditional Council in the Brong Ahafo region.

“The decision to close down ADFSL is in furtherance of section 20(2) (g) of the Banks and Specialized Deposit-Taking Institutions Act, 2016 (Act 930). Bank of Ghana has investigated ADFSL thoroughly and has concluded that its a…