Skip to main content

Mzbel quit hiplife and promise to emblaze gospel



By Fred Yaw Sarpong with file from Ghanamusic.com

Belinda Nana Akua Amoah, known in hiplife music industry as Mzbel has quit hiplife music and promise to start gospel from 2014.

The singer whose many Ghanaians have questioned her lifestyle and dressing on stages took this decision after she gave birth to a baby boy, Aaron as the baby is called.

“Having Aaron has made me a better person. I feel more mature. Yes, I will be back on stage in about a year and a half but this time around, I will be doing gospel,’ said Mzbel.

“ This is because, I do not see myself doing hiplife again neither do I see myself doing any of my old songs. I just cannot imagine myself standing on stage dressed like I used to do before and performing hiplife, I feel I am too matured for that” she said.

Mzbel has always damned critics over her lyrics, dress sense, among others but one little man has been able to turn her around and the sultry hiplife artiste has vowed to ditch her risque lyrics and revealing clothes for gospel and inspirational music.

Her five-months-old son, Aaron has compelled Mzbel (Belinda Nana Akua Amoah) to rebrand herself when she hits the stage again after she has weaned him.

‘Being a mother has really brought me closer to God. I am now a faithful servant of God and spends time attending fellowships and prayer sessions,’ the repentant hiplife singer said.

“I do not dress like the way I use to in the past. I have become very careful of my choice of dresses. Motherhood has also changed the way I speak and the way I respond to issues. I have also become very selective of the events I attend. Formally, I used to attend every event but now I am very selective” she said.

Mzbel said “It feels great being Aaron’s mother. It is a nice experience but it comes with a whole lot of work. I do not sleep well and I wake up in the middle of the night to breastfeed him. Sometimes, Aaron cries and I do not know why he is crying but I look at his face with smiles and I feel all the hard work is worth it”.

Mzbel used the opportunity to thank God for giving her such a wonderful son. “Aaron is an amazing child. He is a good boy who hardly cries. I know some babies who cry a lot. I have realised that he only cries when he is wet or when he is too warm and feels uncomfortable”, she said.

Touching on how having her own biological child has affected her relationship with her adopted ones, Mzbel said “the fact that Aaron is in the picture now does not mean I will abandoned my adopted children —John and Yannel. They adore their little brother and even help out with taking care of him. ‘The bond between us has grown stronger and tighter,” she added.

Although she loved to talk about her baby, Mzbel is rather mum when it comes to Aaron’s father. “I have decided to keep my baby father’s name private. In fact I have decided to keep certain things private. I went public with certain aspects of my life sometime ago and it affected a lot of things around me so I intend to keep somethings private” she said.

In addition to motherhood, Mzbel is currently working on her shop, reality TV show and kids TV programme. She also hopes to own a production studio in the near future.

Mzbel, the last of seven girls, was born to Mr Albert A. Amoah, an engineer and the late Agnes Nyarko. She grew up in James Town.

She had her senior high education at Abuakwa State College. She later enrolled at the Ghana Institute of Languages to become a bilingual secretary.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shortage of weighing cards hit major hospitals in Accra

By: Fred Yaw Sarpong- Daily Express There is scarcity of Child Health Records Book (weighing cards), in some major public hospitals in the capital, information reaching the Daily Express indicates. Checks by this paper revealed that while some of the hospitals have being encountering the shortage for about a year now, others started experiencing it six months ago. In place of the Child Health Record Book (weighing card), the nursing mothers are given a single card on which information of children are recorded on it. Those hospitals identified are the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Korle Bu Polyclinic, Kaneshie Polyclinic, Adabraka Polyclinic and the Ridge Hospital. At the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, the nursing mothers are given yellow cards in place of the weighing cards. The Public Relations Secretariat at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital said such information has not come to their notice and for that matter they cannot comment on it. “We do not have some

90 African Journalists entertain by Disney Africa

By: Fred Yaw Sarpong- Daily Express Mauritius Disney Africa welcomed 90 journalists from across Africa to their first ever showcase to media from the continent, at this year’s Multichoice Africa Content Showcase Extravaganza. On Thursday 3 September, guests received a Disney Movie ticket which gained them entry to the special outdoor screening, set under the stars on the lawns of the idyllic Outrigger Beach Resort in Mauritius . After receiving their own Disney picnic basket and blankets, full of delicious treats and filling food, the guests made their way to the seating area, replete with comfortable chairs and loungers. Once the Disney fans were settled, the vast outdoor screen lit up and the evening’s festivities were well under way. A welcome speech by Deirdre King, Head of Marketing for the Walt Disney Company Africa, preceded the screening of two animated shorts. The first, the Academy Award-nominated Get a Horse, featured Disney favourites like Mickey, Minni

ABL launches chibuku super in Bolgatanga

By: Fred Yaw Sarpong sarpong007@gmail.com Accra Brewery Limited (ABL) has officially launched the Chibuku Super drink at Bolgatanga in the Upper East region with the aim of reaching a lot of customers. Mr. Thomas Nii Ponku, Supervisor in charge of Chibuku Super at ABL told Daily Express that the management decided to launch the Chibuku Super drink in the Upper East region because they’ve realized it is similar to a traditional drink in the region. “Chibuku is like a well developed pito, a traditional drink made from fermented millet or sorghum in the Northern part of Ghana. So the idea is to provide them with similar drink,” he added. Mr. Nii Ponku disclosed this when members of the Institute of Finance and Economic Journalists (IFEJ) toured the facility of ABL to acquaint themselves with the expansion project at the factory. He mentioned that after a feasibility study, they realized there is a potential market for the product in the northern part of Ghana