Skip to main content

New NSS Manager to be named by Friday - Okudzeto Ablakwa

The Ministry of Education will name an interim head for the National Service Scheme by Friday, October 10, Deputy Minister, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa has confirmed.
The Board of Directors last week took over the Secretariat after directing top management, including the Executive Director, Alhaji Imoro Alhassan to step aside to allow unimpeded investigations into the alleged payroll fraud in the scheme.
A total of Ghȼ7.9 million was said to have been paid in July 2014 to some 22,000 service persons across 100 districts who cannot be traced.
Mr. Okudzeto Ablakwa said consultations are underway to name an interim Manager for the scheme by close of the week to implement the recommendations of the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI).
“The decision is to appoint an interim manager in the next three days to implement the reforms needed in tune with ongoing investigations,” Mr. Okudzeto Ablakwa said on the Super Morning Show on Joy FM, Wednesday October 8.
The Ministry will continue to exercise oversight responsibility at the NSS, the Deputy Minister added.
He was, however, displeased at the seeming media war between some members of the previous and current administrations over who is liable for the alleged fraud.
Board member, Isaac Annan Riverson had stated on Joy FM Monday, the rot preceded their inauguration in December, 2013. Immediate-past Executive Director, Vincent Senam Kuagbenu also said on the Super Morning Show on Tuesday, that his administration is innocent of the development.
But Mr. Okudzeto Ablakwa maintains, what is of most importance now is to identify the perpetrators, “stop this mess and punish those involved in perpetuating this fraud on our nation”.
“These are the issues that must engage our attention…rather than pointing accusing fingers at each other,” he advised

Credit: myjoyonline.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deputy AG sues Facebooker over 'malicious' Ameri deal

The Deputy Attorney-General and Member of Parliament for Bolgatanga East, Mr Dominic Ayine has filed a defamation suit at an Accra High Court against a Facebook commentator, Evron Hughes.
In Mr Ayine’s statement of claim, sighted by Graphic Online, he accused Mr Hughes of defaming him in a post he authored and published on Facebook on December 21, 2015, titled “RE: AMERI TRANSACTION”.
According to the Deputy A-G, the “false and malicious” post has provoked “public disaffection” against him and exposed him to public ridicule and contempt.
Describing Mr Hughes as a “self-styled social media blogger and a social commentator”, Mr Ayine said the Facebook post had brought his hard-won reputation “as a respected politician, teacher and lawyer” into “hatred, ridicule, odium, discredit, contempt, opprobrium and reproach”.
The Deputy A-G said the “defamatory words” were authored with the sole intent to reduce him in the estimation of all right thinking Ghanaians, adding that he had received numerou…

Ghana’s Mining Stability Agreement: The Blame Game is on